On this Pi Day there is sadly not a lot to report about the Raku Programming Language in the main article of the Rakudo Weekly News. Which leaves room for expressing the hope the War in Ukraine will soon end 🕊🌻!
Did You Know?
That the Raku Programming Language supports the term
tau) as the ratio between the circumference and the radius of a circle? Just as it supports the term π (aka pi) as the ratio between the circumference and the diameter of a circle?
Weekly Challenge #156 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Daniel Green fixed an issue with missing
_ucases in callsite resolving and fixed a speshing issue related to parameters, and restored an optimization with
whenhaving numeric values.
- Vadim Belman worked around an issue with
.ACCEPTSreturning a non-Raku object.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed some issues spotted by a Blin run.
- Daniel Sockwell fixed error reporting on incorrect trait usage.
- David Warring fixed rendering of
- And some smaller tweaks and fixes.
Questions about Raku
Inline::Perl5not working with
Lingua::En::Titlecaseperl module by Steve Dondley.
- Does Raku has Python’s
Uniontype? by chenyf.
- How can I package Raku modules for gentoo Linux? by mr_dj_kuro.
RAKUDO_RAKUAST=1 raku --target=astis not yet available by WhiteMist.
- What’s a future-proof way to get Raku “site” repository? by mr_dj_kuro.
- How to debug a script that will kill by system when
await multi Promise? by chenyf.
- Rakudo Star bundle 2022.02 build failed by lisprogtor.
- Nested type captures by theangryepicbanana.
- How can other languages target MoarVM and interoperate with Raku? by mr_dj_kuro.
- What are some other ways this loop can be rewritten? by Steve Dondley.
- Support arbitrary git URLs as Raku Module Dependencies by mr_dj_kuro.
DBIishOracle driver support multi-threading, after all? by Vadim Belman.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- It’s so… by Carl.
- It’s picking up! by H.Merijn Brand.
- Time to rewrite semantic analysis by Jerry Chen.
- Just a vibe by Tim Hope.
- Not the dog’s breakfast by Paul Bone.
- Perhaps in Raku? by Suman Khanal.
- Running tests depending on environment by JJ Merelo.
- I wish by Raul Nohea Goodness.
- Our own wording by Yusuke Shinyama.
- Didn’t know about . by Shoichi Kaji.
- fish completions by Siavash Askari Nasr.
- Query WikidataFacts by JJ Merelo.
- Trying parsers and sublanguages by Michael Kohl.
Comments about Raku
- Changed the main website by Daniel Sockwell.
- Gentoo Support Request by s-ro_mojosa.
- Its share of idioms by Moritz Lenz.
- Amazingly easy to read by s-ro_mojosa.
- The Klingon Way by zengargoyle.
- Will catch the error eventually by Brad Gilbert.
- Maybe this will be helpful by Ralph Mellor.
- Answers coded in Raku by jubilatious1.
- Bugs in Hello World by sunfishcode.
- A ton of great ideas by knoam.
- Seems to share some properties by mina86ng.
Updated Raku Modules
- Manifest::StopWar by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Pod::To::PDF, PDF::API6, Pod::To::PDF::Lite, PDF by David Warring.
- Physics::Measure by Steve Roe.
- Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- Ecosystem::Archive::Update, DateTime::TimeZone by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Dawa, Log::Async by Brian Duggan.
- Test::Output, Format::Lisp, Terminal::Width, Test::When, IO::Dir, Reminders, Test::Notice, IO::Path::ChildSecure, IO::MiddleMan, Wikidata::API, Syslog::Parse by JJ Merelo.
- Text::Table::Simple by Nick Logan.
- Gnome::N, Gnome::Gdk3, Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- App::Mi6 by Shoichi Kaji.
- Log::Dispatch by Vadim Belman.
- Sparky-Job-Api, Sparky by Alexey Melezhik.
The Rakudo Weekly News continues to show the Ukrainian flag 🇺🇦 in support of the people in Ukraine, and any other people who are trying to make an end to the war in Ukraine. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please stay safe, stay healthy and keep up the good work!