Justin DeVuyst has done it again: the Rakudo Compiler Release 2022.03 is now available, binary releases have been made available by Patrick Böker, and the Linux packages by Claudio Ramirez should also be available soon. No exciting new features, mostly maintenance and some nice-to-haves this time.
Did You Know?
That in the Raku Programming Language you can create character classes that exclude certain characters? For instance, the character class
<[\d]-> would accept all numeric values, except 7. In natural language: create a character class by starting with
<[ consisting of all numeric values
\d] except a characters class
-[ consisting of 7, ending the character class with
Weekly Challenge #157 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Daniel Green fixed an issue with allocation of
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made the “day” parameter of
*-1expression to count from the end of the month.
- Patrick Böker removed some Windows-y bits from usage instructions of precompiled release archives.
- Stefan Seifert fixed an issue with the
install-dist.rakuscript, and fixed an issue with resources in the
- And some smaller tweaks and fixes.
Questions about Raku
- What are the best materials for learning Raku? by mr_dj_kuro.
- What could happen if I don’t put a
require Modulecode in a
BEGINblock? by sid_com.
- How should Linux distributions configure, build, and install modules? by mr_dj_kuro.
- What’s Raku’s intended audience and use? by ElusiveLambdas.
- Comma reporting “subroutine X not declared” for test function by Steve Dondley.
- How do I get Raku Grammar Preview unstuck from “Collecting results” with restart? by Steve Dondley.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Repunit primes by Julia.
- Introducing… by ゆるうーいん.
- Sharing maintainers? by Rebecca Turner.
- Doing cool stuff with it by Douglas Jenkins.
- Wonderful debugger by JJ Merelo.
- Learn for free by unixjunk1e.
Comments about Raku
- I am devoting to Raku because I am the same faith as Larry Wall by whaaat411mondo.
- Solving one problem with 16 programming languages on InApps.
- CFP at MPLR 2022 by smarr.
- MoarVM may compete with JVM and .Net in a decade by mr_dj_kuro.
- Weird sintax by ionsolo.
Updated Raku Modules
- Statistics by Suman Khanal.
- Karabiner::CompModGenerator by Steve Dondley.
- Pod::To::PDF, Pod::To::PDF::Lite by David Warring.
- DBIish, Config::BINDish, Async::Workers by Vadim Belman.
- Physics::Measure by Steve Roe.
- Number::Denominate, Test::Stream by JJ Merelo.
- Acme::Test::Module::Zef by Tony O’Dell.
- Linenoise by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Terminal::LineEditor by Geoffrey Broadwell.
- Gnome::Gdk3, Gnome::N by Marcel Timmerman.
- Dawa by Brian Duggan.
- Term::Choose by Matthäus Kiem.
- Games::Wordle by Daniel Mita.
- Timezones::ZoneInfo by Matthew Stuckwisch.
This week the Rakudo Weekly News continues to show the Ukrainian flag 🇺🇦 in support of the people in Ukraine, and any other people who are trying to make an end to the war in Ukraine. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please stay safe, stay healthy and keep up the good work!