Naoum Hankache has taken the famous perl6intro.com website, which currently provides the same introduction in 13 different languages, to the Raku era at https://raku.guide (/r/rakulang comments). So if your native language is Bulgarian, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian or Turkish, you can learn the basics about the Raku Programming Language in your native language!
Should your native language not be there yet, realize that your fellow native language users will be indebted to you when you create a translation for your native language!
Only one slot left for Advent!
If you intend to write a blog post for this years Raku Advent Calendar, you have to make yourself known soon! As there is only one slot left as of this writing!
Apart from the work on the Raku Guide:
- 0.30000000000000004.com updated! by Andrew Shitov
- Updating old articles by Andrew Shitov
- How is Perl and Raku doing? by Mohammad S Anwar.
Here are the Raku entries for Challenge #34:
- Array and Hash Slices and Dispatch Tables by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Sliced Dispatch, The Raku Way by Arne Sommer.
- Weekly Challenge #34 by Javier Luque.
Of course, Challenge #35 is up for your perusal!
Not a lot was going on last week feature wise, while awaiting a MoarVM release:
- Stefan Seifert fixed a memory corruption bug / race condition related to
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed an issue with
ASSIGN-POSby default de-containerizing the invocant, when it cannot know that is ok to do.
- And some smaller fixes and improvements.
Questions about Raku
- Running a Cro app as a persistent service by fireartist.
- Questions on the prime number calculating code by Lars Malmsteen.
- Why are no more Perl 6 questions asked on StackOverflow? by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Grammar example in Documentation difficult to fix due to issue related to newline – \r\n – \n handling by germanrodriguezh.
- Why do the default if/while/loop/when blocks all have the same identity value (.WHICH)? by Daniel Mita.
- Is there a way to safely redeclare a symbol? by daotoad.
- Reproducing the elements of an array practically by Lars Malmsteen.
- Generative grammars? by Allison Null.
- Create and populate an array of Raku objects? by hsmyers.
- Reference for Log classes by Richard Hainsworth.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Exporting MAIN by Simon Proctor.
- Searching Raku by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Equal Space by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Just a couple of slots by JJ Merelo.
- Different extensions by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- 257 in 19 by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Hoping to meet friendly people by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Easy to call C libraries by BN.
- CFP until 6 January by DC-Baltimore Perlyglot Workshop.
- Perfect for BDD by Simon Proctor.
- So different, it is being renamed by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Semi-permanent beta by JJ Merelo.
- Not just accurate, but exact! by Ervin Ruci.
- I Wish by ナイブス C97土南チ14a.
- A dozen ways by Computer Science.
- If, then by İsmail Arılık.
- Did not know by 高木さん (𝔂_𝓴).
- There go my jokes by Karel 🇨🇿🇻🇳.
- Continue to be maintained by perlzemi.
- Unequal by Charlie Barto.
- Wants to change the name by ゾンビプログラマ.
- On gestation by Renaud.
- Remarkable by ZauvTest.
- Finally by Sandro.
- Not improved in recent years by 王依依.
- Massively different language by Axel Rauschmayer.
- Ugly support by Dave Beckett.
- Evolving in breaking ways by Alan Grow.
- Humorous syntax by 八雲アナグラ.
- Properly prepared? by 八雲アナグラ.
- Won’t give up by David McKay.
- Similar relationship by 鍋谷 武典.
- Without scaffolding by BN.
Meanwhile on Facebook
Alas, the Perl 6 Facebook group has still not been renamed. If you’re interested in developments there, please navigate from the Perl 6 group homepage.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- “colon syntax” for calling other methods on ‘self’ inside a method by Raymond Dresens.
- CompUnit classes by Richard Hainsworth.
Comments about Raku
- Multiple ways to compute e in Raku
- Not just a different version by 7thaccount.
- Until performance improves by cutler.
- Beneficiaries by twunde.
- Biased due to past experience by smhenderson.
- Just Perl again by gorgonical.
- Outright untrue by mst.
- Stunts pulled by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Decades-long specter by gwd.
- Splitter’s manifesto by cestith.
- Pretty much by nicwolff.
- Not part of the future by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Easier to read by daotoad.
- Reminiscent of dynamically scoped variables by Ralph Mellor.
- What sort of language project? by Ralph Mellor.
New Raku Modules
- AVL-Tree by Tom Browder.
Updated Raku Modules
- Gnome::Glib, Gnome::Gdk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- P5-X by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Math::FFT::Libfftw3 by Fernando Santagata.
- Chart::Gnuplot by Itsuki Toyota.
A quiet week yet again. And alas, still no 2019.11 Rakudo Compiler release of the Raku Programming Language. Sounds familiar? Yes, it is. But the coming week will probably see a Rakudo compiler release! See you then!
Isn’t https://modules.raku.org/dist/AVL-Tree:cpan:TBROWDER the correct URL for AVL Tree instead of the one provided?
Indeed! Thanks for the spot, now fixed!
just a tiny correction, the “AVL-Tree by Tom Browder.” link might have been https://modules.raku.org/dist/AVL-Tree:cpan:TBROWDER