In the past months, Fernando Corrêa de Oliveira has been working on Red, an ORM for Raku, with a twist! It pushes the meta-programming features of Raku to new heights. But now Fernando needs feedback from you, about whether or not to provide aliases for often occurring idioms. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Only 3 slots left for Advent!
If you intend to write a blog post for this years Raku Advent Calendar, you have to make yourself known soon! As there are only 3 slots left as of this writing!
Some more video tutorials
Yanzhan Yang just started a series of tutorials about writing OpenGL in Raku! In the past week he published 3 video tutorials:
- Updated CPAN Butterfly Plan modules on CPAN by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Now I am raku_cpan_new by Shoichi Kaji.
- Weekly challenge solutions now lists Raku solutions thanks to Mohammad S Anwar.
- Challenge Google results by Mohammad S Anwar.
Why ⚛ ?
Andrew Shitov did some research into the how and why of
atomicint and the use of ⚛ operators, and whether they should or should not be necessary.
DC Baltimore Perlyglot Workshop 2020
The two-day technical conference in Baltimore, MD (on 18/19 April 2020) is now open for presentation proposals. So time to get your Raku proposals in!
Julien Fiegehenn did a lightning talk about the Weekly Challenge at the Barcelona Perl And Friends 2019!
And here are the Raku entries for Challenge #33:
- Count letters and Multiplication Tables by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Addition and Multiplication with Raku by Arne Sommer.
- Weekly Challenge #33 by Jaldhar H. Vyas.
- Weekly Challenge #33 by Javier Luque.
- Weekly Challenge #33 by Adam Russell.
- Weekly Challenge #33 by Roger Bell West.
Of course, Challenge #34 is up for your perusal!
Not a lot was going on last week feature wise, while extended multi-platform and ecosystem testing was still going on in preparation for the Rakudo Compiler release:
- Vadim Belman added a
--force-rebuildoption to the NQP build process.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed an issue with the
.perlrepresentation of the
- Daniel Green fixed an optimisation issue with the
- Daniel Mita fixed an issue with coercion to
- And some smaller fixes and improvements.
Questions about Raku
- Sigilless class attribute by JJ Merelo.
- Object, roles and multiple dispatch by JJ Merelo.
- Segmentation fault in the below program by Abeer.
- How to reload raku modules at runtime, for debug purposes? by David Romero.
- Coverage tests for Raku modules? by JJ Merelo.
- How to implement
aroundby Patrick Spek.
- Reading text files by every n-th line by Tao Wang.
- Printing mathematical series concisely by Lars Malmsteen.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Six slots left by JJ Merelo.
- Promoting Perl in #raku by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- No more kicking cans by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- JSON Type support by Fernando Corrêa de Oliveira.
- One more step by Fernando Corrêa de Oliveira.
- Official take? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Exporting MAIN multi’s by Simon Proctor.
- Solution for 034 already by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Becoming Octopus by 謎の美少女おじさん@無職.
- Age calculator in Slovak? by Peter Kotrčka.
- Books released properly by 八雲アナグラ.
- Did not know by かず@踊る大捜査線𝙵𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙸𝚃𝙴.
- Atomic story by 八雲アナグラ.
- Ideally by ɢ∞פ⋆ᖙᵒᵝ ”̮.
- Stubbornly by 八雲アナグラ.
- Sad to see failure by Koo(くー)🎧.
- Only ternary by でぃー.
- Origin story by チェンコ·オブ·ザ·ワイルド.
- C++ and Raku by omni 鳥頭.
- So stuck by Игорь Буренков.
- Interested by こーちゃん.
- JJ at DevAndFest by DevAndFest.
- One Rosetta task by Peter Kotrčka.
gmtimeby Jeff Goff.
- Nice Raku project by Adam Russell.
- Reversing the coupling by こたつがめ.
- Forked? by 박준규.
- Other people by しーやん.
- Gears examples by 八雲アナグラ.
Meanwhile on Facebook
Alas, the Perl 6 Facebook group has still not been renamed back, so deeplinks will break soon. So, if you’re interested in developments there, please navigate from the Perl 6 group homepage.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Rakudo Star 2019.07.1 by Patrick Spek.
- Who’s who of the ecosystem? by Parrot Raiser.
- Getting comb to return match objects by Joseph Brenner.
Comments about Raku
- Stats about Raku book downloads by Andrew Shitov.
- Custom operator definition by dragonwriter.
- On variables and constants by Ralph Mellor.
New Raku Modules
- Date::Calendar::Strftime by Jean Forget.
Updated Raku Modules
- LibraryCheck by Jonathan Stowe.
- LibXML, CSS::Selector::To::XPath, PDF::Class by David Warring.
- Date::Calendar::FrenchRevolutionary by Jean Forget.
- All CPAN Butterfly Plan modules by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
A quiet week. And alas, still no 2019.11 Rakudo Compiler release of the Raku Programming Language. The final, really final, final tweaks are being done as this is written. More news about this in the next Rakudo Weekly. See you then!