Tony O’Dell updated the fez module to be a comprehensive CLI interface to create, manage, maintain, and to release the Raku modules to the fez ecosystem. And wrote a blog post introducing the new capabilities in “Fez goes full dist“.
Raku Core Summit
The first Raku Core Summit will be held on 3, 4 and 5 June in Echt, The Netherlands. During this summit, Raku core developers will be able to meet in person, in many cases for the first time. A time of discussion, decision making and hacking. This will hopefully be the first of many to come!
The minutes of the April 1, 2023 meeting are available.
Weekly Challenge #211 is available for your perusal.
New Problem Solving Issues
New Pull Requests
Again, only RakuAST developments this week:
- Elizabeth Mattijsen started working on supporting rakudoc (aka pod), creating the necessary RakuAST classes and writing tests for them.
- Daniel Green fixed a lot of specific error messages.
- Stefan Seifert fixed a lot of parameter type checking logic, parameterization of types with smileys and the order in which
CHECKtime are handled in some situations.
- The number of passing test-files with the new Raku grammar are now 138/150 (
make test+3) and 748/1355 (
Questions about Raku
- How to use LibXML::Reader? by zentrunix.
- Processing POST request of an audio file using Cro by Anton Antonov.
- Extracting columns from 2 different CSV files by jubilatious1.
- How can a Raku UDP server know where to send a response to? by JJ Atria.
- A null coelescing operator? by Samuel B. Chase.
- definedness constraint on parametrized roles by user1915829.
Meanwhile on Mastodon
- A lesson that Raku should also learn by Claudio Ramirez.
- My joint favourite by Samuel B. Chase.
- Not recommended by Jonathan Stowe.
- Not mentioned? by lockhouse.
- Most pleasant non S-expression based language by tmtvl.
- The Raku FAQ has more by kcott.
- Some unicode operators by dan-robertson.
- Package managers mostly working as intended by klibertp.
- Several non-ASCII operators by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Don’t enforce good behavior by elatllat.
New Raku Modules
- Data::RandomKeep “Randomly keep a given number of offered items” by Luc St-Louis.
- Template::Nest::Fast “High-performance template engine module” by Andinus.
- Terminal::Tests “Terminal emulator, multiplexer, and font quality tests” by Geoffrey Broadwell.
- XML::Fast “A Raku module to turn XML into a Hash structure” by Jonathan Stowe.
Updated Raku Modules
- Template::Nest::XS by Frode Marton Meling.
- PDF::Document, Astro::Sunrise, Math::FractionalPart, Astro::Utils, DateTime::Posix, Number::More by Tom Browder.
- Test::Async by Vadim Belman.
- rakudoc, Lingua::EN::Syllable by Will Coleda.
- fez by Tony O’Dell.
- PDF::To::Cairo, Pod::To::PDF::Lite, LibXML by David Warring.
- Jupyter::Kernel by Brian Duggan.
- MIDI::Make by Pierre-Emmanuel Lévesque.
- Text::CodeProcessing by Anton Antonov.
- Test::Selector by Luc St-Louis.
- DB::Migration::Declare by Jonathan Worthington.
- RakuConfig by Richard Hainsworth.
Again, quite a few new modules this week. And looking forward to hosting the Raku Core Summit!
This week’s picture of a sunny at the river Maas, is to express the hope for a future in which the people of Ukraine can return to normality and enjoy the sun again. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!