Anton Antonov published an introduction to their new DSL::FiniteStateMachines module, a work in progress since at least 2022! It also facilitates the conversion to Mathematica / Wolfram Language and Mermaid JS. Interesting stuff indeed!
TPRF invites the Raku community to provide input with regards to the future of TPRF website(s) (/r/rakulang, /r/perl comments).
In related news: TPRF is also looking for proposals on hosting the 2024 TPRC in-person conference.
Weekly Challenge #210 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
Only RakuAST developments this week:
- Elizabeth Mattijsen changed the way whitespace is being handled when codegenning regexes, delaying the application of sigspace semantics until
EVALtime. And added support for
no strict. And added a lot of tests after deparsing /
- The number of passing test-files with the new Raku grammar are now 135/147 (
make test+1) and 743/1355 (
Questions about Raku
- How can I get
Pod::Tomodules to recognize a
Pod::Block::DeclaratorPOD element? by Jim Bollinger.
- Still a good introductory book? by ghiste.
Meanwhile on Mastodon
- What to use for a log analysis task? by Samuel B. Chase.
Meanwhile, still on Twitter
- Perhaps more accessible? by Olivier Mengué.
Meanwhile on the mailing list
- Suggestions for tracking down memory leaks by Nathan Gray.
- My zenity adventure by ToddAndMargo.
- More than one way to name it by actionfromafar.
- Hope it’s not another by vladislavp.
New Raku Modules
- Sort-Fast “Fast numeric sorting” by Rawley Fowler.
- Ryml “An easier templating system for Raku with basic type/tag safety” by Tony O’Dell.
- DSL::FiniteStateMachines “Class definitions and functions for creation of Finite State Machines (FSMs) and their execution” by Anton Antonov.
- CLI::Wordpress “Simple abstraction to the WordPress command line interface” by Steve Roe.
Updated Raku Modules
- PublicSuffix by JJ Atria.
- Lingua::NumericWordForms, DSL::Entity::Metadata, UML::Translators by Anton Antonov.
- Template6 by Márton Polgár.
- Template::Nest::XS by Frode Marton Meling.
- Humming-Bird by Rawley Fowler.
- Windows::Test, Mi6::Helper, Date::Utils by Tom Browder.
- CLI::AWS::EC2-Simple by Steve Roe.
- MIDI::Make by Pierre-Emmanuel Lévesque.
- Text::MiscUtils by Geoffrey Broadwell.
- Acme::Insult::Lala by Jonathan Stowe.
- Intl::LanguageTag, Intl::Format::Number by Matthew Stuckwisch.
- Test::Selector by Luc St-Louis.
Quite a few new modules this week. This week’s picture is to keep reminding us of a future in which the people of Ukraine can return to normality. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!