Tyler Limkemann returns (after an extended absence) with a very nice article about how they used the Raku Programming Language to solve Wordle challenges. With plenty of code and theoretical background.
Just before the Weekly’s deadline, Wenzel P.P. Peppmeyer published a blog post about yet another way of using
subsets, inspired by Fernando Correa de Oliveira‘s work on Red (the ORM of choice in the Raku Programming Language).
Did You Know?
.head method can also be limited to number of elements from the end?
say (1..5).head(*-2); # (1 2 3)
And conversely, you can do the same with the .tail method, to limit from the beginning:
say (1..5).tail(*-2); # (3 4 5)
Weekly Challenge #160 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Largely rework the Object Tutorial 2nd try
- Search categories update
- Speed up
sorted_keyssub for < 3 elements
- Add an
- Remove the
CATCHblocks at the start of the scope
- Update the meta info of the core
- Daniel Green made MoarVM bytecode writing more memory efficient and fixed the configuration test for C11 atomics.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen worked on speeding up compilation and module installation (with mixed results), and added short-cuts for calling iterable methods on
- Stefan Seifert and Jonathan Worthington worked a lot on the RakuAST branch, significantly increasing the number of completely passing spectest files.
- And some smaller fixes, tweaks and speed improvements.
Questions about Raku
- How ready is Raku for primetime? by wyckedjester2.
- Is there a way to automatically use
FatRats? by mscha.
- How do I mutate captures in a
Grammarobject? by Steve Dondley.
- Cannot use example about roles from official doc by anquegi.
- IIFE alternatives by hhcryfqnut.
- Output for WASM? by Iñigo González.
- Should Raku grammars or regexes be used for parsing wiki markup? by VZ..
Rational: Bug or Feature? by Balduin_Bankerotti.
- Failing tests in Comma after MacOS upgrade by Steve Dondley.
- How can I avoid “not in ecosystem” errors thrown by comma IDE? by Steve Dondley.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Enough to read an entire file by Suman Khanal.
- A simple one-liner by Solomon Foster.
- Adding Sparrow and Tomtit by Brian Wisti.
- On the how and why by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Twisted, if you like by Scimon Proctor.
- On not being too dull by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Set up SparkyCI in your repo by Alexey Melezhik.
xxso you don’t have to by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Adding MySQL/PostgreSQL support by Alexey Melezhik.
- Introducing subset is sub-model in Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- What to choose? by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
Comments about Raku
- Mutable in immutable List by flussence.
- No proper tail calls by Crocket.
- Learned a lot from followups by Ralph Mellor.
- Inspired by Raku by trizen.
- Why not feed it the upper bound? by zeekar.
- Not enough Raku presentations by Renée Bäcker.
- Full support for arbitrary parsing by Ralph Mellor.
- Considered Raku by klibertp.
New Raku Modules
- Lingua::Stem::Bulgarian by Anton Antonov.
Updated Raku Modules
- Log::Dispatch, AttrX::Mooish by Vadim Belman.
- LibXML by David Warring.
- IRC::Client::Plugin::Logger by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Pod::Render by Marcel Timmerman.
- LibraryMake by JJ Merelo.
- Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
The Rakudo Weekly News continues to show the Ukrainian flag 🇺🇦 in support of the people in Ukraine, and any other people who are trying to make an end to the war in Ukraine. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
This week was special for yours truly in social media land: reached 500 followers on Twitter, and got my first 5 sponsors on Github! I haven’t advertised this before, but if you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!
In the mean time, please stay safe, stay healthy, keep up the good work!