Oleksandr Kyriukhin announced a new version of Comma Complete, the IDE for the Raku Programming Language. With detection of possible hangs in grammars and direct support for the new Raku ecosystems (zef and REA). Check it out, especially if you’re into using Integrated Development Environments and you haven’t checked out Comma yet!
After a long absence, Juerd Waalboer expressed their thoughts about wanting syntactic sugar and better error reporting for
subset IntList of List where .all ~~ Int (aka a way to say that you want a list of values of which one can be sure it contains integers only) . And quite some elaborations and discussions followed. Welcome back, Juerd!
Did You Know?
That you can actually have a postfix condition (such as
if) and a postfix iterator (such as
for) in a single statement in the Raku Programming Language? An example showing all prime number from
.say if .is-prime for 1..10; 2 3 5 7
Weekly Challenge #159 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Solution for Raku/doc/issues/1246
- Document MacOS quirk wrt
- Improve typecheck errors on e.g.
- Stefan Seifert fixed an error in speshing some types of arguments to
NativeCallcalls, and activated the use of
C11atomics by default.
- Daniel Green added support for JITting some new unsigned int ops.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen worked a lot on the functionality of installing and loading modules, made initialization of core dynamic variables more thread-safe, fixed the handling of
!=in meta operations, and made code-compilation up to 2.5% faster.
- Jonathan Worthington improved error reporting when
makeencounters a non-
- Antonio Juan Quero made the
REPLwork better in an Emacs environment.
- And some smaller fixes, tweaks and speed improvements.
Questions about Raku
- How do I create a subclass of
Str? by Steve Dondley.
- Working around for the
Cannot modify an immutablein my subclass of
Str? by Steve Dondley.
- Workaround for
Combination of indirect name lookup and call not supportederror? by Steve Dondley.
- Substitution in grammar action code throwing bizarre
P6opaqueerror by Steve Dondley.
- Get method called-as str in the callee by Steve Roe.
- How long does it take to get fairly proficient with grammars? by Steve Dondley.
- Grammar not parsing as expected with negative lookaround assertion by Steve Dondley.
- Are there any guides like raku.guide but with a focus on web development? by kapitaali_com.
- Using a grammar to parse a string without lookahead? by Steve Dondley.
- Strange behavior of a hyperoperator by Fernando Santagata.
- Why are
Benchmodule’s “wallclock” seconds report so wildly off? by Steve Dondley (/r/rakulang comments).
- Inline::Python tunneling mode by Steve Roe.
- Is there a way to run an action on a grammar that’s already been parsed? by Steve Dondley.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Made it to Leipzig by Paul Cochrane.
- Difftastic support? by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- It’s a non-starter by Trix Farrar.
- What should I look into? by Jason Turner.
- I have to study by どら.
- Finally Happening by Daniel Böhmer.
- Looking quite neat by Wim Vanderbauwhede.
- Virtually attending by Thomas Klausner.
- Dark and light theme by Alexey Melezhik.
- Not available in bookstores by どら.
- It comes with an IDE! by どら.
- Minimum reading by JohnnyDc.
- Easier to handle rows with specific data by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- Example of submodule handling by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
Comments about Raku
- Technically unrestricted grammars by Ralph Mellor.
- Slower, but more featureful by cavac.
- Broad and potentially ground-breaking by Ralph Mellor.
- From the ground up by klibertp.
- On unusual design choices by Ralph Mellor.
- A robust language by Udemy Team.
- On the difference between FP and OOP by Ralph Mellor.
- Feed that as an upper bound? by zeekar.
- Katana, a static photo album generator by Paul Buetow.
New Raku Modules
- List::Divvy by Stephen Schulze.
Updated Raku Modules
- Raku::Pod::Render by Richard Hainsworth.
- PDF::Class, PDF::Tags, PDF::Tags::Reader, PDF, PDF::Grammar, , LibXML, LibXSLT, CSS::Properties, PDF::Lite, Pod::To::PDF::Lite by David Warring.
- Terminal::Print by ab5tract.
- AttrX::Mooish by Vadim Belman.
- DBIish::Pool by Rod Taylor.
- Net::Ethereum by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Red, RedFactory, CRDT by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- ML::TriesWithFrequencies, Data::Generators by Anton Antonov.
The Rakudo Weekly News continues to show the Ukrainian flag 🇺🇦 in support of the people in Ukraine, and any other people who are trying to make an end to the war in Ukraine. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please stay safe, stay healthy, keep up the good work!