This week not a lot happened, so it seemed. It feels a bit like the waters receding from the beach, just minutes before the tsunami is going to hit.
Flavio Poletti continued their quest into Raku land with two blog posts this week:
Weekly Challenge #130 is available for your perusal.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made arithmetic with
Instantobjects easier, and fixed an issue with
List.fmtnot properly handling
- Vadim Belman introduced a
Meanwhile, it looks like the new-disp branch is ready enough to be merged with the main branch. This will most likely happen shortly after the 2021.09 Rakudo compiler release, to be able to fix any issues with it in the month after that.
Questions about Raku
- Defaults for slurpy parameters? by zeekar.
to_bytesmethod? by chenyf.
- Installing rakudo on termux on android in arm processor architecture by gabriel80546.
gethostbyname? by zeekar.
- Is there a way to (implicitly) drop a Raku role mixin? by Steve Roe.
- Specifying tags with
-M? by zeekar.
.fmtbehavior with nested Lists by Daniel Sockwell.
- Destructuring assignment in object creation by Daniel Sockwell.
- Destructuring assignment with the
hasdeclarator by Daniel Sockwell.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Or… just use Raku by Ali.
- And that’s why you should Rats by GAMER.
- After 5 minutes by Red vs Orange.
- Ported Sparky to Cro by Alexey Melezhik.
- Even then by Adrian Scottow.
- Are they transitioning? by Ingvar.
- 5 Excellent books to learn Raku by Dr. Roy Schestowitz.
- Take the day to learn Raku by JJ Merelo.
- Thank you for
Spreadsheet::XLSX! by Jonathan Stowe.
- Getting stock prices by Alexey Melezhik.
- Bigger in Texas by Kang Seonghoon.
- Camelia by nil2.
- Looking for a Raku coder by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Simple YAML generator by Alexey Melezhik.
- The first implementation by Tomáš Janoušek.
- BIND9 config files by Alexey Melezhik.
- But, but *I* ! by JJ Merelo.
Comments about Raku
- Z and z mean 35 by Ralph Mellor.
- Perhaps a boon by Ralph Mellor.
- Raku does it by syphilis.
New Raku modules
- Kivuli Access AWS IAM role credentials within EC2 by Jonathan Stowe.
Updated Raku Modules
- Sparky, Tomtit by Alexey Melezhik.
- CSS, CSS::Font::Resources, CSS::Stylesheet, HTML::Canvas, HTML::Canvas::To::PDF by David Warring.
- AccountableBagHash, Acme::Don’t, Acme::Text::UpsideDown, Adverb::Eject, App::IRC::Log, Array::Agnostic, Array::Circular, Array::Sorted::Util, Array::Sparse, Attribute::Predicate, Bits, DirHandle, Discogs::API, EERPG, Env, FINALIZER, Fasta, Game::Covid19, Hash-with, Hash2Class, Hash::Agnostic, Hash::LRU, Hash::Ordered, Hash::Restricted, Hash::Sorted, Hash::Util, Hash::int, IRC::Channel::Log, IRC::Client::Plugin::Logger, IRC::Log, IRC::Log::Colabti, IRC::Log::Textual, InterceptAllMethods, Interval, List::AllUtils, List::MoreUtils, List::SomeUtils, List::Util, List::UtilsBy, Map::Agnostic, Map::Ordered, Method::Also, Migration::RTtoGithub, Net::netent, Net::protoent, Net::servent, Object::Delayed, Object::Trampoline, ObjectCache, P5-X, P5__FILE__, P5built-ins, P5caller, P5chdir, P5chomp, P5chr, P5defined, P5each, P5fc, P5fileno, P5getgrnam, P5getnetbyname, P5getpriority, P5getprotobyname, P5getpwnam, P5getservbyname, P5hex, P5index, P5lc, P5lcfirst, P5length, P5localtime, P5math, P5opendir, P5pack, P5print, P5push, P5quotemeta, P5readlink, P5ref, P5reset, P5reverse, P5seek, P5shift, P5sleep, P5study, P5substr, P5tie, P5times, Rake, Random::Names, Scalar::Util, Slang::Subscripts, String::Color, String::Fields, Sub::Memoized, Sub::Name, Sub::Util, Sys::Hostname, Test::Assertion, Text::Flags, Text::MathematicalCase, Tie::Array, Tie::Hash, Tie::StdArray, Tie::StdHash, Time::gmtime, Time::localtime, Tuple, Unix::errno, User::grent, User::pwent, ValueType, ValueTypeCache, WriteOnceHash, eigenstates, hide-methods, silently, subs, unprint, vars, IRC::Client, Acme::Cow, Cache::Async, ReadWriteLock, Memoize by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- CBOR::Simple by Geoffrey Broadwell.
- Text::CSV by H.Merijn Brand (Tux).
- BSON, MongoDB by Marcel Timmerman.
- Config::BINDish by Vadim Belman.
- fez by Tony O’Dell.
Yes, yours truly moved (almost) all modules to the zef ecosystem in the past week. And took over maintenance of a few more. Sorry for the noise 🙂 Please stay vigilant, stay safe and stay healthy. Next week will bring you more news about the Raku Programming Language to keep you occupied!