The TPF Marketing Committee wants to learn more about how you perceive “The Perl Foundation” itself, and asks you to fill in this survey (/r/rakulang, /r/perl comments). Thank you!
More RFC’s taken apart
Like clockwork, the RFC 20th anniversary blog posts have been appearing:
- Sixy Pod by Richard Hainsworth (/r/rakulang comments).
- RFC 137 – Perl OO should not be fundamentally changed by Vadim Belman (/r/rakulang, HackerNews comments).
- RFC 145 – Brace-matching for Perl Regular Expressions by Tobias Boege (/r/rakulang comments).
- RFC 168 – Built-in functions should be functions by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- RFC 225 – Superpositions (aka Junctions) by Matthew Stephen Stuckwisch (/r/rakulang comments)
- RFC 5 – Multiline comments by Antonio Gámiz Delgado (/r/rakulang comments).
- RFC 64 – New pragma
scopeto change Perl’s default scoping by Moritz Lenz.
Looking forward to another 10 to come! If you’re interested in writing one, there are still some open slots available!
Memories of Rīga
Andrew Shitov has posted some pictures with memories of Rīga (/r/rakulang, /r/perl comments).
Just the One
Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer is still at about 3 blog posts a week on average, but this week only saw one: Whereceptions.
The entries for Challenge #72 that have Raku solutions:
- Weekly Challenge #72 by Luca Ferrari.
- Zero Lines with Raku & Perl by Arne Sommer.
- Weekly Challenge #72 by Javier Luque.
- Weekly Challenge #72 by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Flip-Flops Leaving a Trail of Zeros by Colin Crain.
- Weekly Challenge #72 by Andrew Shitov.
- One-Liners for Trailing Zeros and Line Ranges by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Weekly Challenge #72 by Jaldhar H. Vyas.
- Weekly Challenge #72, part 1, part 2 by Simon Proctor.
Andrew Shitov reviewed all of the Raku solutions of Challenge #71. The Weekly Challenge #73 is up for your perusal!
- Nicholas Clark found a way to optimize allocation of large objects.
- Patrick Böker fixed a problem with profiling that was introduced shortly before the last release.
Questions about Raku
- Why does
latermethod lead to infinite range in
Daterange? by chenyf.
- Cannot debug with Comma IDE by Julio.
- Dependencies for a project by asoftware.
- How to enforce immutability with the Raku typesystem? by codesections.
- Cannot get
zefworking by Sean Gold.
- Comma: “No test source roots in the project: is it properly configured?” by JJ Merelo.
- How to get
8/5? by Suman Khanal.
- How do I load a module relative to script in Raku with Raku equivalent of
FindBinby Konrad Eisele.
- Minimum of empty
Seqis infinite, Why? by Holli.
- How can a program verify if a module is installed locally by Richard Hainsworth.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Tests done in userspace by JJ Merelo.
- Without any help by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Favourite well-actuallys by midendian.
- Weaving languages by JJ Merelo.
- About borrowing by JJ Merelo.
- More #rakulang solutions by Mohammad S Anwar.
- No fundamental changes? by Vadim Belman.
- Linguistic activity by Stéphane Peyrard.
- Missing proxy support by Siavash.
- Simply beautiful by Herbert Bollermann.
- Matching braces by JJ Merelo.
- Memories of Rīga by Andrew Shitov.
- Judging expressiveness by Unsigned 128-bit Coffee.
- An interesting module by chenyf.
- More Rīga memories by Andrew Shitov.
- A fantastic view by Andrew Shitov.
- Fundamental Undifference by JJ Merelo.
- Black history? by yoshio masaki.
- No hex rat literals? by Solomon Foster.
- Missing languages? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Setting up a queue by JF Bastien ⨭+.
- How could it not use by Graphviz.
- #72 in a tweet by Herbert Bollermann.
- Superpositioned by JJ Merelo.
- Contest winning with Raku by Ralph Mellor.
- On documentation by JJ Merelo.
- Scopeless by JJ Merelo.
- #73 in a tweet by Herbert Bollermann.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Avoiding monkey typing for custom roles on built-in types… by Stuart Hungerford.
Comments about Raku
- Valuable option by vii.
- An easier way? by bobthecimmerian.
- Raku or Lisp by moonchild.
New Raku Modules
- Abbreviations, Opt::Handler by Tom Browder.
- Text::Sorensen by Steve Schulze.
- DateTime::Timezones by L’Alabameñu.
Updated Raku Modules
- Net::BGP by Joelle Maslak.
- Gnome::N, Gnome::GObject, Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- LibXML, PDF::ISO_32000, PDF::Tags by David Warring.
- Date::Calendar::Julian by Jean Forget.
- Math::Primesieve by Curt Tilmes.
- Pod::Load by JJ Merelo.
- App::Mi6 by Shoichi Kaji.
- Shell::Piping by Wenzel P.P. Peppmeyer.
Looks like the heat is on! Causing only a little in core development, but all the more in blog posting! And yours truly keeps repeating: don’t forget to stay healthy and to stay safe. Expecting to see you all healthy next week!