Conference in the Cloud
A last minute addition to the program of the Conference in the Cloud: Lock-Less Concurrent Programming in Raku by Vadim Belman, only a few days away! If you want to experience that interactively, you can still sign up, tickets are only 10 US$! You can even join the Hallway Track! These are the other presentations with Raku content:
- Doccing Raku by JJ Merelo.
- The Physics::Unit edge by Stephen Roe.
- Hypers and Gathers and Loops… Oh, my! by Steven Lembark.
- A Simple Matter of Programming by Damian Conway.
- Threaded Text Console UI in Raku by Vadim Belman.
- Creating Secure Decentralized Content Management Systems on Ethereum Blockchain with Raku by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Going International in Raku by Matthew Stephan Stuckwisch.
- Improving the Perception of Perl and Raku by Stuart J Mackintosh.
- RakuAST: a Foundation for Raku Macros by Jonathan Worthington.
On Raku’s Progress
Tyler Limkemann, after a hiatus of about a year, is back with a very nice blog post on Raku in June 2020: Speed, Usability, and Politics. The takeaway? “I’m deeply pleased with the state of Raku right now.” (/r/rakulang comments).
Still Yet Another Two
Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer continues to publish 2 blog posts a week, each addressing some feature or quirk of the Raku Programming Language.
Three in one
Not one, but two grant progress reports by Jonathan Worthington this week:
If you wonder why not a lot is happening on the Core Developments section, this is one of the reasons: things only get reported when they’re actually merged in the main branch.
Alexey Melezhik announces an Azure DevOps toolset to automate CRUD operations that does not require PowerShell.
The entries for Challenge #65 that have Raku solutions:
- Weekly Challenge #65 by Luca Ferrari.
- Palin Digits with Raku by Arne Sommer.
- Weekly Challenge #65 by Javier Luque.
- Weekly Challenge #65 by Shahed Nooshmand.
- Weekly Challenge #65 by Mohammad S Anwar (videos task #1, task #2).
- Digital Value at the Palindrome Thunderdome by Colin Crain.
- Raku Daily Skill Builders by Andrew Shitov
- Digit Sum by Laurent Rosenfeld.
Challenge #66 is up for your perusal!
- 0racle fixed an issue with MoarVM on older GCC compilers.
- Nicholas Clark fixed some issues with updating Unicode data.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed several issues they had introduced while making things faster and introduced a new operator:
(==)(also known as
≢, equivalent to
!(==). This operator applies
Set) semantics on its operands.
- And some other fixes, optimisations, and improvements.
Questions about Raku
- How to run shell command in Perl, like Raku? by con.
- Is there any way of programatically test-compiling Raku code? by JJ Merelo.
- High level templating engine like ERB? by Tyler Limkemann.
- Performance? by Tyler Limkemann.
- How can you write a conditional based on the definedness of multiple variables? by Ben Davies.
- Emojis as identifiers by Steve Downey.
- When does
.hyperoutperform non-data-parallelized versions? by JJ Merelo.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- A foundation for Raku macros by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- Presenting Vikna by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- Lamenting lack of exceptions by Wenzel P.P. Peppmeyer.
- Similarly in C++ by ELD-R-ESH-2.
- Chaining operators by kobake.
- A simple matter of programming by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- Talking about documenting by JJ Merelo.
- No idea how I feel by Hästronaut.
- Lovely toys by @doomyflo@framapiaf.
- A concern? by The Perl Foundation.
- Spazure! by Alexey Melezhik.
- Searching for “Raku” language by JJ Merelo.
- Excellent work! by Moritz Lenz.
- Using 6 threads by JJ Merelo.
- Evolution in Comma by JJ Merelo.
- Miss something? by Simon Proctor.
- Additional Raku presentation by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- On washing your hands by Toby.
- Reminiscing by Andrew Shitov.
- The promised land by Esteban A. Maringolo.
- Some highlights by JJ Merelo.
- Impressed by Tyler Limkemann.
- Come talk to us by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- A better REPL by Samuel Chase.
- The Docker container by JJ Merelo.
- The difference? by hncynic bot.
- Surrendered by Dr. Roy Schestowitz (罗伊).
- A baseline by The Perl Shop.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Help converting
Blobby David Santiago.
- Junctions and parenthesis by Joseph Brenner.
Comments about Raku
- Known as Raku by Brad Gilbert.
- What is beauty? by Reini Urban.
- Spearheading a distinction by zokier.
- HTTP grammars by Ralph Mellor.
New Raku Modules
Updated Raku Modules
- LibXML, LibXSLT, Font::FreeType, PDF::Font::Loader by David Warring.
- Sparrow6 by Alexey Melezhik.
- Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- Algorithm::MinMaxHeap by Itsuki Toyota.
- Gnome::N by Marcel Timmerman.
- LogP6 by Mikhail Khorkov.
One can only say: keep healthy, keep safe and see you next week for yet another instalment of the Rakudo Weekly News!