In 10 days the Conference in the Cloud will start! If you want to experience that interactively, you can still sign up, tickets are only 10 US$! You can even join the Hallway Track! These are the presentations with Raku content:
- Doccing Raku by JJ Merelo.
- The Physics::Unit edge by Stephen Roe.
- Hypers and Gathers and Loops… Oh, my! by Steven Lembark.
- A Simple Matter of Programming by Damian Conway.
- Threaded Text Console UI in Raku by Vadim Belman.
- Creating Secure Decentralized Content Management Systems on Ethereum Blockchain with Raku by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Going International in Raku by Matthew Stephan Stuckwisch.
- Improving the Perception of Perl and Raku by Stuart J Mackintosh.
- RakuAST: a Foundation for Raku Macros by Jonathan Worthington.
Yet Another Two
Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer has written yet another two blog posts in the past week, each addressing some feature or quirk of the Raku Programming Language.
The entries for Challenge #64 that have Raku solutions:
- Weekly Challenge #64 by Luca Ferrari.
- The Minimum Break with Raku by Arne Sommer.
- Minimum Sum Path and Word Break by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Weekly Challenge #64 by Javier Luque.
- Weekly Challenge #64 by Shahed Nooshmand.
- Six Blocks away? C-c-c combo breaker! by Colin Crain.
- Weekly Challenge #64 by Jaldhar H. Vyas.
- Another Raku one-liner by Andrew Shitov (/r/rakulang comments)
- Patrick Böker worked on the Azure CI integration.
- Jonathan Worthington fixed an issue with invocation handlers, and allowed for more interesting constants to be defined in
- Daniel Green added a GCC plugin for spotting missing memory frees before throws.
- Jan-Olof Hendig updated MoarVM to use
libuv1.38.0 and fixed some double frees.
- Christian Bartolomäus fixed the MoarVM build on FreeBSD.
- Nicholas Clark deleted some very old dead code in MoarVM, and removed an unnecessary indirection in the registration of lexicals.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen reworked some of the
Matchinternals for tiny efficiency improvements and fixed all of the old RT ticket references in roast.
- Mikhail Khorkov improved the conflict marker detection of Raku.
- And some other fixes, optimisations, and improvements.
Questions about Raku
Setof (immutable) lists by skar123.
- Issues writing an
Arrayto a text file by s-ro_mojosa.
Proc::Asyncstdout tap buffering by HeroHiraLal.
- Where is the fault? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Chasing an interesting bug by Alexey Melezhik.
- Enforce type checking by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Raku regex for Perl regex? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Where is my mistake? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Benchmarking different approaches by Mohammad S Anwar.
- “Too many positionals passed” in
NativeCallsub binding by JJ Merelo.
- Sorting keys numerically by Mohammad S Anwar.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Going International in Raku by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- Best explanation of
Hashby Mohammad S Anwar.
- Didn’t come out easily by 齊藤貴義＠サイバーメガネ.
- Still 19 to go for 6.d by JJ Merelo.
- Ethereum CMS on Raku by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- Subject of the week by verzit.
- Facilities of Raku by Joaquín Ferrero.
- Haskell implementation by wistermoor.
- Freedom! by Joaquín Ferrero.
- Will I have to abandon? by empirednb.
- Implementing in Haskell by ドッグ.
- Not wasted by email@example.com.
- Infiltrated by Jack Merlot.
- On merge conflicts by Mikhail Khorkov.
- A thread about programming in Raku by Samuel Chase.
- Doccing Raku by The Perl and Raku Conference.
- On novels and publication by Eric Sipple.
- Is that it? by manzur.
- Learn languages by Suman Khanal.
- Gotten better by Dan Wierenga.
- Production Services? by Mx. Evan Phoenix.
- 34 years early! by Brian Loomis.
- Flew to Raku by Cesar Aguirre.
- Politics by ななあき.
- Chicken and egg by 🇮🇪odaiwai 😷 🇭🇰.
- Interfacing with TMDB (formerly IMDB) by Siavash Askari Nasr.
- A flash from the past: OSCON 2006 videos by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Rakudobrew by Richard Hainsworth.
- Regex interpolation of array by Richar Hainsworth.
- Just curious to know by Radhakrishnan Venkataraman.
- Interpolating the return from embedded code in a regexp by Joseph Brenner.
- Code assertions to spy on regexps behavior by Joseph Brenner.
Comments about Raku
- Algebraic data types by bobthecimmerian.
- Makes my head spin by ksaj.
- Braiding multiple languages by Ralph Mellor.
- On dynamic scoping by Ralph Mellor.
- A fiasco by dsabanin.
- Making a programming language by Ralph Mellor.
New Raku Modules
- cmark::Simple, kazmath by JJ Merelo.
- IRC::Client::Plugin::Reminders by Patrick Spek.
- WebService::TMDB by Siavash Askari Nasr.
Updated Raku Modules
- Vikna by Vadim Belman.
- UNIX::Privileges by Jonathan Stowe.
- Prometheus::Client by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- IRC::Client::Plugin::DiceRolls, Grammar::DiceRolls by Patrick Spek.
- Migration::RTtoGithub, Tuple by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Net::DNS by Rod Taylor.
With a pandemic, worldwide protesting and the climate becoming more and more erratic, we live in interesting times indeed. Long time contributor and creator of Panda, Tadeusz Sośnierz, has written a blog post about the LGBT situation in Poland, which really hit home for yours truly. So in closing, one can only say: keep healthy, keep safe and see you next week for yet another instalment of the Rakudo Weekly News!