Alas, not all videos of the German Perl and Raku Workshop have been released yet, but these are the ones that are and have (at least some) Raku content:
- Eine Strategie für Perl und Raku by Herbert Breunung (German).
- Sets and Bags, and how NOT to use them by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- OO in the COR by Curtis Poe.
- Raku Q&A by Elizabeth Mattijsen, Moritz Lenz, Stefan Seifert and Nicholas Clark.
- Querying the Ethereum blockchain nodes with Raku by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Data Science mit Perl und Raku by Sören Laird Sörries (German).
Note that the Raku Q&A was a last-minute change to replace the “Realizing Raku Macros” presentation, which unfortunately could not be given on account of Jonathan Worthington losing his voice and generally feeling awful. We wish them “Gute Besserung”!
Community Affairs Team
The Perl Foundation has announced the intent to create Community Affairs Teams which would have two objectives:
- Managing a community led set of rules on behalf of our communities
- Being able to professionaly respond to issues raised during and outside events and conferences in a timely and appropriate manner
- It appears that the repl.it site is trying to support Raku, but for now it just looks like they dropped support for Perl 6 😦
The Raku entries for Challenge #50:
- Overlapping ranges and noble numbers by Luca Ferrari.
- Nobly Merged Raku by Arne Sommer.
- Merge Intervals and Noble Numbers by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Weekly Challenge #50 by Javier Luque.
- Merge Intervals and Noble Integers by Ryan J. Thompson.
- Weekly Challenge #50 by Simon Proctor.
A quiet week with the GPaRW and many core developers travelling / preparing their presentations.
- Patrick Böker made
git submoduleupdating a little more platform agnostic.
- Vadim Belman fixed a recently introduced issue that showed up in
OO::Monitorstesting. They also introduced
nqp::takenextdispatcherops that make it possible to chain dispatchers.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen and Vadim Belman worked on reducing the startup of Rakudo by a few milliseconds.
- And a few smaller fixes.
Questions about Raku
- Unexpected FAIL with
- How can I define a grammar to parse TSV text? by littlebenlittle.
- How can I skip the first few lines of a text file using the
IO.lines.raceconstruct by Tao Wang.
- Editor support for Raku by danysdragons.
- New object syntax questions by mr_clicky_keys.
- More than enough “Always succeed”? by jakar.
- What is the proper way to load modules using rakudo-star? by littlebenlittle.
- Make sure email is stored as a string by 3leggedquid.
- “inconsistent” match result when using code block in regex by jakar.
- Cro IP question by mr_clicky_keys.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- A much better choice by danny mcClanahan (the artwork).
- Level a small city by Herbert Bollermann.
- Audio streaming? by Jonathan Stowe.
- Now, and the coming days by Wolfgang Wiese.
- Kicking off now by London Perl Workshop.
- On Sets and Bags by London Perl Workshop.
- Tomty and Sparrow by Alexey Melezhik.
- A breaking change by tadsan.
- Backquote vulnerability? by 🇦 🇱 🇮 🇨 🇪 .
- Suddenly changed by 窓月＠低度AI人材.
- On rules and grammars by London Perl Workshop.
- Community discussion by Thomas Klausner.
- Happy with the result by Mohammad S Anwar.
- The difference between
Arrayby Mohammad S Anwar.
- Talks are showing up by Raku programming language newsfeed.
- The τ-functionality by “Nicky”.
- An end by Ann Barcomb.
- Creating a calculator by Andrew Shitov.
- Looks Amazing by Simon Proctor.
- Someone who wrote by tyru.
- Kicking! by Dr. Roy Schestowitz (罗伊).
- What happened? by dek kvin.
- Just an object by あすと（M78系丸山族）.
- Set operators in ascii by parv.
- Released? by Susumu Miwa.
- What happened now? by オスツ🍣.
- Pugs developer? by t_ishida.
- Using it now by ウカヤレ.
- Replace it someday by Blacknon@お引越ししたい.
- Complicated by png.
- Are great! by くらるし🍤.
- A compatibility problem by Blacknon@お引越ししたい.
- Really? by pantsman.
- Rakubrew released by The Perl Shop.
- Unfamiliar tweets by risou.
- When you tweet by ゆーすけべー.
- Developed by a team? by 野次いむー.
- So much attention by magnoliak🍧.
- Pugs, right? by ǝunsʇo ıɯnɟɐsɐɯ.
- Summarized recursively by ゆーすけべー.
- Subtle expression by D.Aoki (Amamori）.
- Structural flaws by そせじ番長（中田淳一）＠起業準備中.
- Still amazing by Dark@胡散臭い！.
- Fantastic alpha twitter tweeter by 真塚なつき.
- Surprisingly good properties by Agam.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Stashing an array in a hash and yanking it back out by Joseph Brenner.
Comments about Raku
- FP and OO distinct? by Ralph Mellor.
- On roles by b2gills.
- Similar to roles and classes by Ralph Mellor.
- Missing Features by Ralph Mellor.
- Combination of eager and lazy by Ralph Mellor.
- On slice design by Ralph Mellor.
- On shadowing by Ralph Mellor.
- On finagling by Ralph Mellor.
- On typing by Ralph Mellor.
- On return values by Ralph Mellor.
- On modules by Ralph Mellor.
- On type inference by Ralph Mellor.
- On compiled vs interpreted by Ralph Mellor.
- Compilers for free by Ralph Mellor.
- A lot prettier by Brent Laabs.
- Left a hole by chubot.
- Performance history by jerf.
New Raku Modules
- ObjectCache by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Net::SMTP::Client::Async by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- Sparrowdo::Archive, Sparrowdo::Rvm by Alexey Melezhik.
- POSIX::getaddrinfo, Async::Command, KHPH, MessageStream by Mark Devine.
- String::Splice by Steve Schulze.
Updated Raku Modules
- Trait::Env by Simon Proctor.
- Sparrow6, Sparrowdo::Azure::Web::Cert by Alexey Melezhik.
- ValueType, ValueTypeCache by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Date::Calendar::FrenchRevolutionary by Jean Forget.
- Gnome::N, Gnome::Gio, Gnome::GObject, Gnome::Glib, Gnome::Gdk3, Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- PDF::Class by David Warring.
- Audio::Libshout by Jonathan Stowe.
Back home from a week in Erlangen, just in time for the weekly about the Raku Programming Language. Otherwise a relatively quiet week, apart from quite a lot of attention for Audrey Tang in the Japanese twitterverse. Please check in again next week, when Jonathan Worthington‘s presentations should be viewable online. Until then, break a leg!