Yours truly is on the road to the 22nd German Perl/Raku Workshop 2020 in Erlangen, Germany. The program starts on Tuesday evening with a Pre-event Social. The program has the following presentations with Raku content:
- Eine Strategie für Perl und Raku by Herbert Breunung.
- Sets and Bags, and how NOT to use them by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Cro HTTP router essentials by Jonathan Worthington.
- Raku rules and grammar tutorial by Jonathan Worthington.
- Realizing Raku macros by Jonathan Worthington.
- Querying the Ethereum blockchain nodes with Raku by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Data Science mit Perl und Raku by Sören Laird Sörries
A problem in an upstream library used by MoarVM, made it impossible to build the 2020.02 Rakudo compiler release on Alpine GNU/Linux. The problem has been fixed in the upstream library, and a new release has been made by Alexander Kiryuhin. (Twitter, Linux packages by Claudio Ramirez).
Run and Shell on Windows
About a year ago Patrick Böker started an issue on how
Proc::Async should call
cmd.exe on Windows. Due to recent questions, this got a lot of new comments in the past week. If you have any feelings about the subject, please join in (/r/programming comments)!
- Tom Browder activated the
RAKULIBenvironment variable, a replacement for the to be removed
The Raku entries for Challenge #49:
- LRU and Smallest Multiples made by 1 and 0 by Luca Ferrari.
- Smallest Multiple and LRU Cache by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Smallest Cache with Raku by Arne Sommer.
- Weekly Challenge #49 by Javier Luque.
- Smallest Multiple and LRU Cache by Ryan C. Thompson.
- Weekly Challenge #049 by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Weekly Challenge Week 49 by Simon Proctor.
- Jonathan Worthington‘s work on derived specializations of the past weeks, was merged.
- Jan-Olof Hendig added support for Thread Sanitizer to MoarVM.
- Patrick Böker updated
dyncallto rev 357. They also fixed some build issues if the build path had spaces in them, and re-activated
- Stefan Seifert fixed various compiler warnings on MoarVM.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen optimized some aspects of pre-compilation and made it easier to coerce a string to
- Tobias Boege made sure that
- And many smaller fixes and improvements.
Questions about Raku
- Delete an element from a list or array without the
(Any)artefact by Lars Malmsteen.
- Overloading operators for objects that are used to instantiate parameterized roles by uzlxxxx.
saywithout newline by Lars Malmsteen.
- How to create a binary executable by nubzzy.
- What is the syntax for shell calls with spaces? by Todd.
- “Nothing” in Lookaround terms by jakar.
- How to emulate
wc -lby TheAthlete.
- Do declarator blocks work on roles when they are unit-declared? by JJ Merelo.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Remembering by terazzo.
- 42? by Jack Merlot * 71 Sextillion Dollars.
- Just around the corner by securityfu.
- Scared by 馬垢.
- In reasonable time by Simon Proctor.
- How far it’s gotten by Paul Bort.
- Could be by 🤷♂️Chris Gale🙅♂️.
- Congrats! by Guilhem Lettron.
- Moving to something else by J.
- Transitioning in the next half year by Christian Walde.
- Supposed to by Jack Merlot * 71 Sextillion Dollars.
- Moth Cute by VTpAS4VffegOp42.
- Coming Soon by Simon Proctor.
- Wing Pattern by VTpAS4VffegOp42.
- Meetup in Zürich by Roman Baumer.
- Willfully Obscure by Let the Headcanon kick it!.
- Interesting stats by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Blazingly Fast by JJ Merelo.
- Surprise of the day by Leon Timmermans.
- Much more successful by Christian Hujer ⌨🧙♂️☮♻️🏴☠️🌻🇪🇺🇩🇪🇮🇳🏳️🌈.
- Most wanted by Extirpator.
- Cool Creation by Mohammad S Anwar.
- More options by Martin Jackson.
- Parsing a number by Andrew Shitov.
- Abandoned? by ナザレのイエス.
- Nothing official after a long time by こちずふぁん@南極難民🇦🇶香港加油！🇭🇰.
- Would still have been used by yunishio.
- Libshouting by Jonathan Stowe.
- Que? by Masatoshi SANO.
- Still Waiting by james fuller.
- Feed ==> ? by いちまさん.
- Don’t be afraid by AI Story Telling.
- Renamed… by Awataki.
- Thought of renaming? by J J Reibel.
- A DevRoom at esLibre 2020 by JJ Merelo.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Versus Ruby by Kristopher.
Comments about Raku
- Using ~ for string concatenation by cygx.
- What to learn by codetrotter.
- Not at least two styles by b2gills.
- Not to become true by johoechtl.
- Whatever code by Ralph Mellor.
- Aged much better by nineteen999.
- Static and dynamic aspects by Ralph Mellor.
- On Unicode reverse by bmn__.
- An implementation in Raku by Holli.
New Raku Modules
- JSON::Mask, Badger by vendethiel.
- ValueType, ValueTypeCache by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Math::Libgsl::Random by Fernando Santagata.
Updated Raku Modules
- Algorithm::GooglePolylineEncoding, Trait::Env, Test::HTTP::Server by Simon Proctor.
- Gnome::Gio, Gnome::Gtk3, Gnome::Gtk3::Glade, Gnome::N by Marcel Timmerman.
- Cro by Jonathan Worthington.
- Math::Libgsl::Constants, Math::Libgsl::Permutation by Fernando Santagata.
- CSS by David Warring.
- Getopt::Long by Leon Timmermans.
A quick one from a suburb of Erlangen, while preparing for the presentation on Wednesday and hoping to do some touristing and socializing in Erlangen. Hope to see you again next week for more news about the Raku Programming Language.