The 2023 American Conference will be in-person and held in Toronto, Canada on July 11-13. The Call For Papers is open until the end of the month. So send in your talk proposals! There’s also a wiki for planning social activities, BOFs and ad-hoc hackathons.
And as a reminder, the 2023 European Raku Conference will also be in-person and held in Rīga, Latvia on August 3–4. The talk submission deadline is July 20th (announcements on Mastodon).
Rawley Fowler has written a very nice introduction into their Humming-Bird web-framework (/r/programming comments).
Anton Antonov has published a video on how to do literate programming using the command line interface, with an associated blog post.
The minutes of the February 18, 2023 meeting are available.
Weekly Challenge #207 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Type links
- Add test for
- Add a bunch of
- [win]: Fix
rel2abshandling of long path prefixes
- Pull Requests by the late Ben Davies, about unsigned integer handling on MoarVM and JVM backends were merged.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed an issue with
Range.Bool, fixed an issue with
Seqs, made prefix
//work again, made sure the
combalso allows creation of N-grams, allowed
snipto work on lazy lists and made the default
.WHYmethod a bit smarter with regards to
- In RakuAST news: ab5tract added support for
enum. Elizabeth Mattijsen added support for the
use experimental :rakuast, and added
.rakuroundtripping tests. Stefan Seifert fixed a number of issues with the
constantprefix, calling fully qualified routines, out-of-scope heredocs, and list comprehensions. The number of passing test-files with the new Raku grammar are now 130/142 (
make test+1) and 708/1354 (
Meanwhile on Mastodon
- That’s why I like it by Paul Buetow.
- Thrilled to announce by T Alex Beamish.
- Keeping it all in the family by Mark Gardner.
- Looks fascinating! by naturepoker.
- Intro to humming by The Raku Programming Language.
- Meditating on raku-in-batch hybrids by siberia-man.
- Generating containers and instant shell activation by Domen Kožar.
- No one-size-fits-all by Ralph Mellor.
- Used in life sciences? by Christof Meigen.
- Conferences in 2023? by LanX.
- Missteps? by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Buzzwords by clarkema.
- The worst bump by optimalsolver.
New Raku Modules
- MIDI::Make “A Raku module to make MIDI files” by Pierre-Emmanuel Lévesque.
Updated Raku Modules
- PublicSuffix by JJ Atria.
- Gherkin::Grammar by Anton Antonov.
- Math::Handy, Rat::Precise by Stephen Schulze.
- Humming-Bird by Rawley Fowler.
- Sparky by Alexey Melezhik.
- Template6 by Márton Polgár.
- Config::BINDish by Vadim Belman.
- fez by Tony O’Dell.
- Collection-Plugins by Richard Hainsworth.
- Email::Valid by Denis Kanchev.
- LibXML by David Warring.
A week with a lot of work done on documentation, making it possible to link to new features in the weekly! This week’s picture (from yours truly private collection) was inspired by a blog post and the people of Ukraine who are still fighting the Russian aggression with all of the tools and smarts that they have. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!