Anton Antonov created a new Raku module (Gherkin::Grammar), expanding on the work that the late Robert Lemmen did on integrating Gherkin as a test methodology in the Raku Programming Language. And posted an introduction to it.
Looking for Outreachy mentors
As in previous years, TPRF is looking to participate in Outreachy May to August internships again this year. At this stage we are looking for mentors and project ideas.
Rawley Fowler introduces their new
JSON-simd module for faster JSON parsing.
Wenzel P.P. Peppmeyer returns with a small post about a thing you probably shouldn’t do.
Weekly Challenge #205 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Daniel Green fixed a potential issue with MoarVM’s CI jobs.
- Stefan Seifert fixed a MoarVM issue with
nqp::getlexstatic_oand a fallback resolver.
- Tom Browder noticed some superfluous opening / closer chars in NQP, which were subsequently removed.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed an issue with
.Realbeing called on
Junctions, and made
sqrthandle negative values mathematically correct in 6.e.
- In RakuAST news: Stefan Seifert added support for initializers of attributes, nameless lexical declations, and fixed an issue in
- And many more smaller fixes and tweaks!
- The number of passing test-files with the new Raku grammar are now 129/141 (
make test+0) and 695/1356 (
Questions about Raku
Arrays by fingolfin.
Meanwhile on Mastodon
- An intense half day by FErki.
- What are your favourites? by Salve J. Nilsen.
- By auth and version by Matthew Stuckwisch.
- Stylish apparel by Mark Gardner.
- Doesn’t run short by Paul Buetow.
- Not a fire-and-forget by Kay Rhodes.
- TPRF on Mastodon by Salve J. Nilsen.
Meanwhile, still on Twitter
- Data extraction and massage by JJ Merelo.
Meanwhile on the mailing list
- The SF Perl Raku Study Group, 01/29 at 1pm PDT by Joseph Brenner.
- What is a character? by Ralph Mellor.
- Phases of execution by Ralph Mellor.
- In either direction by Matthew S. Trout.
- For me, it’s Raku by Anonymous.
- Comprehensive by Salve J. Nilsen.
- Concurrency paradigms by Ralph Mellor.
- Stumbling by tmtvl.
New Raku Modules
- Unicode “Provide information about Unicode versions” by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- JSON-Simd “Fast JSON parsing using bindings to C++ and simdjson” by Rawley Fowler.
- Gherkin::Grammar “Gherkin grammar and actions” by Anton Antonov.
Updated Raku Modules
- Proxee, sourcery by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Intl::Format::Number, User::Language, Intl::LanguageTag by Matthew Stuckwisch.
- Game::Entities, Pop, PublicSuffix by JJ Atria.
- Distribution::Builder::Cmake, Humming-Bird by Rawley Fowler.
- Getopt::Long by Leon Timmermans.
- App::Uni by Will Coleda.
- XML::Actions by Marcel Timmerman.
- zef by Nick Logan.
- License::SPDX by Jonathan Stowe.
- Spreadsheet::XLSX by Jonathan Worthington.
- Net::Snapcast by Adrian Kreher.
- Markdown::Grammar by Anton Antonov.
- LibXML by David Warring.
- Collection-Plugins by Richard Hainsworth.
A bit of a quiet week, but with an interesting development in testing! Please keep the people in Ukraine in mind who are still fighting the Russian aggression. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!