Anton Antonov reminded us of a presentation they gave at the 2022 Wolfram Technology Conference, which featured a Cro webservice frontend.
FOSDEM mini grants
Weekly Challenge #200 is available for your perusal.
New Problem Solving Issues
New Pull Requests
- Reconsider language versioning and implement language version support in RakuAST
- Stephen Schulze updated MoarVM’s / Rakudo’s Unicode support to version 15.0!
- Stefan Seifert worked a little on adding RakuAST grammar features again (supporting constants as parameter constraints, implement
temp, and for returning
Nil), increasing the number of completely passing test files: 618/1355 (+12
- Elizabeth Mattijsen implemented many RakuAST deparsing tests (adding 3 test-files), which sadly lost us one completely passing file 94/137 (-1
- And some smaller fixes and tweaks in the RakuAST realm.
- Asynchronous reading of an stdout by fingolfin.
- How do I prevent script from crashing as a result of failed proc? by Steve Dondley.
- Script for updating modules that use legacy file extension? by Steve Dondley.
- Error install
Inline::Perl5with zef by Jeremie Corbion.
- Is Raku still slow? by Sylvain Collinet.
- Memory leak (?) using
IO::Socket::Async(on FreeBSD 13.1) by wingfold.
- How do you determine what the “latest” module version is? by Steve Dondley.
- Possible to automatically fold POD in Comma IDE? by Steve Dondley.
- Not so subtle by Juerd Waalboer.
- Except in rational languages by Mark Gardner.
- Figuring out how to install
Inline::Pythonby Joelle Maslak.
- After just skimming docs for 20 minutes by Joelle Maslak.
- Mind tagging? by Mark Gardner.
- A big Yak Parlour by Jonathan Stowe.
- Happy to see humming progress by Kay Rhodes.
- Sad to install 3 modules to get a REPL by Kay Rhodes.
- Added “hub tasks” by Alexey Melezhik.
- On the semi-colon by Joelle Maslak.
- Mining and porting by Kay Rhodes.
- Cro hung during installation by Kay Rhodes.
Meanwhile, still on Twitter
- Really mindblowing by JJ Merelo.
- Unanswered questions by JJ Merelo.
- There should be less by JJ Merelo.
- Alien, in a good way by curupira.
- Parrotting by Ralph Mellor.
- Formalizing f-strings by dtlin.
- Beyond static and dynamic by Ralph Mellor.
- Built-in grammars are cool by Jan Likar.
- Equality by grapheme clustering by Ralph Mellor.
- Relatively old and stable by Ralph Mellor.
- Monad-Result “An implementation of the result monad from OCaml” by Rawley Fowler.
- Slang::Date “Add date literals to source” by Will Coleda.
- Lingua::Stem::Portuguese “Stemming Portuguese words with the Snowball algorithm” by Anton Antonov.
- Net::Gemini “A client and server implementation for the Gemini protocol” by Rawley Fowler.
- Gauge by Ben Davies.
- SparrowCI-SandBox, SparrowCI by Alexey Melezhik.
- XDG::BaseDirectory by Jonathan Stowe.
- Humming-Bird by Rawley Fowler.
- Terminal::ReadKey by Stephen Schulze.
- TAP by Leon Timmermans.
- CLI::AWS::EC2-Simple by Steve Roe.
- Native::Packing, PBKDF2, LibXML by David Warring.
- Clifford by Lucien Grondin.
- Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- App::Mi6 by Shoichi Kaji.
- Text::Markov by Pawel Pabian.
- TCP::LowLevel by Joelle Maslak.
- Collection, Collection-Raku-Documentation, Collection-Plugins by Richard Hainsworth.
Some nice blog posts and a lot of new modules and module updates. Meanwhile, please keep the people in Ukraine in mind who are still fighting the Russian aggression. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!