Rawley Fowler has created a simple web-framework called Humming-Bird, inspired mainly by Opium, Sinatra and Express. And introduced it in a post on /r/rakulang, with quite a few reactions.
New Pakku Version
Haytham Elganiny has published a new version of Pakku, a package manager for Raku. More information can be found on /r/rakulang.
Core Dev Class Session 2
Vadim Belman announced the second session of the Rakudo Core Dev Class, to be held on 7 January. If you’re interested in contributing to Rakudo, it is a must see. If you cannot make it live, there should be a video of it becoming available after it (Kudos to TPRF for providing streaming / capturing facilities).
Alexey Melezhik has added a “is documentation good enough” check to SparrowCI, which is introduced in this blog post (/r/rakulang comments).
Anton Antonov released a new module called DSL::Bulgarian allowing one to specify computational workflows using natural language commands in Bulgarian, and introduced it in a dedicated blog post.
Steve Roe introduces their new CLI::AWS::EC2-Simple module in a blog post, following up on two related Advent posts (/r/rakulang comments).
Nigel Hamilton asked the machines about the brand values of the Raku Programming Language (/r/rakulang comments).
Raku Advent Calendar 2022
For all of you who have somehow missed last year’s Raku Advent Calendar, there’s an overview of all the posts and their comments.
Weekly Challenge #198 is available for your perusal.
- Daniel Green bumped the version of
mimallocto 2.0.9 on MoarVM.
- Vadim Belman worked on various aspects of Rakudo building and testing, and allowed for backend specific code in the RakuAST bootstrap process.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen started working on adding RakuAST tests, and deparsing of specific RakuAST node types.
- Stefan Seifert continued working on adding RakuAST grammar features, increasing the number of passing spectest files: 600/1355 (+15).
Questions about Raku
- How to freeze time by Kay Rhodes.
- Exit testing by Kay Rhodes.
Meanwhile on Mastodon
- Creating a check doc plugin by Alexey Melezhik.
- New wavelet by Fernando Santagata.
- Made it to the end by Flavio Poletti.
- Still cool with it by Brian Wisti.
- Forgotten, and now looked by Jonathan Stowe.
- CoreDev Class Announcement by The Raku Programming Language.
- Not over yet by Fernando Santagata.
- Self-hosting SparrowCI by Alexey Melezhik.
- Getting a feel of the heat and the sweat by Jonathan Stowe.
- Next year’s side project by Paul Buetow.
- Gradual greenfields? by Wilfred Hughes.
- Appreciated some love by Fernando Santagata.
- Less than 30 seconds by Kay Rhodes.
- Entering the fifth by The Raku Programming Language.
- You can donate by Mark Gardner.
- Special characters by Joelle Maslak.
- Managing self-hosted SparrowCI by Alexey Melezhik.
- A Teaser by Kay Rhodes.
- Emojional logging by Joelle Maslak.
- Maybe dip in Raku by themodelplumber.
- Syntactic sugare for an iterator by LanX.
- Things I loved and things that confounded by insidewhy.
- Pomsky – A portable, modern regular expression language by dataminer.
- Similar features by Ralph Mellor.
- Referring to catch by Ralph Mellor.
New Raku Modules
- Math::Libgsl::Wavelet “An interface to libgsl, the Gnu Scientific Library – Wavelet Transform” by Fernando Santagata.
- CLI::AWS::EC2-Simple “A simple abstraction AWS command line interface for Amazon’s EC2 compute web service” by Steve Roe.
- Humming-Bird “A simple, composable, and performant, all in one HTTP web-framework” by Rawley Fowler.
- DSL::Bulgarian “Computational workflows using natural language commands in Bulgarian” by Anton Antonov.
- SparrowCI “Super fun and flexible CI system with many programming languages support” by Alexey Melezhik.
Updated Raku Modules
- Timezones::ZoneInfo, DateTime::Timezones by Matthew Stuckwisch.
- Digest, EC by Lucien Grondin.
- Math::Libgsl::Constants, Math::Libgsl::Histogram by Fernando Santagata.
- PDF::Class, PDF::To::Cairo, HarfBuzz, CSS::Writer, CSS::Specification by David Warring.
- Smooth::Numbers, SDL2-ttf, String::Rotate, String::Splice, Terminal::Boxer, Text::Center, Text::Levenshtein, Text::Sorensen, Timer, Color::Names, X11::libxdo, App::pixel::pick, App::pixelpick by Stephen Schulze.
- Doc::TypeGraph, Math::ConvergenceMethods, Pod::Utils by JJ Merelo.
- Trove by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Raku::Pod::Render, Collection-Plugins by Richard Hainsworth.
- DSL::Shared, DSL::English::DataQueryWorkflows, DSL::English::ClassificationWorkflows by Anton Antonov.
A week with a lot of new modules and even a new framework! Good news at the start of the new year. Hopefully, good news will come soon to the people in Ukraine who are still fighting the Russian aggression. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!