Will Coleda has volunteered to lead Raku Programming Language documentation efforts going forward, and is looking for your feedback!
Current known efforts are documented in the wiki. In an effort to keep volunteers coordinated, please look for a monthly call starting in May, and status updates reported out on the wiki. Or you can check in on the new #raku-doc IRC channel! Or the more old-fashioned mailing-list.
The documentation effort can always use volunteers for content creation, editing, as well as front end web development, and raku scripting. So if you have suggestions and/or would like to contribute to the documentation effort in any way, this is your chance!
The Raku Conference
We live in interesting times. Andrew Shitov is trying to decide if, when and where there will be an in-person Raku Conference this year. Or that we will have an online conference like last year. Please give your thoughts and your vote in this Reddit poll (or on FaceBook).
Did You Know?
That you can use the so-called “capture markers”
)> to indicate which part of the needle you actually want to capture in a match?
say "foobarbaz" ~~ / foo <( \w+ )> baz /; # ｢bar｣
Weekly Challenge #164 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Geoffrey Broadwell fixed some issues in the internal documentation of the MoarVM debug-server protocol.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen streamlined scope exit handling for scopes with only one
LEAVEphaser (and for scopes with multiple phasers), and added a
:realnamed argument to
DateTime.posixallowing for fractional second values.
- Stefan Seifert added support for indirect name lookups, and support for
.&foo, among many more tweaks and fixes on the RakuAST branch.
- And some smaller performance tweaks.
Questions about Raku
- Define function on-the-fly by BaileysHuman.
- Everything an object, how is this a good thing? by noobprogrammr.
- Raku in Azure by Intelligent_Grade_46.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Sigil slashing by Ralph Mellor.
- Erlang’s way of RPC by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- You all need… by dominix.
- Name modified by ゆとり💙💛.
- Working on code extension by Julia.
- Does not round by Helmut Wollmersdorfer.
- Found a tiny bug by Julia.
- Can’t install anything with zef by OooooO.
- Wound up with this utility by Ben Davies.
- Also have state by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- A poll needing comments by Andrew Shitov.
- Bitwise operating by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Familiar isa by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Rewriting with vim by Tom.
Meanwhile on the mailing list
- author specification by Marcel Timmerman.
Comments about Raku
- Scratching the data analytics itch by Steve Roe.
- Thank you! by Naoum Hankache.
- Don’t add new features by hzhou321.
- Don’t need sigils anymore by G2rn0ti.
- A solid language pack for vim on SwiftObc.
- Allowing multiple sigils together by zzo38computer.
- Unusual enough by doomvox.
- Wasn’t that the point? by GuB-42.
- No news at 11 by throwaway2037.
- Solution #5 on Local Coder.
- One of the most important general-purpose languages by Amit Samsukha.
New Raku Modules
- Gauge “Iterative Polling” by Ben Davies.
Updated Raku Modules
- LibXML, PDF, Font::AFM by David Warring.
- Term::Choose by Matthäus Kiem.
- Data::Reshapers by Anton Antonov.
- Identity::Utils, Ecosystem::Archive::Update, App::IRC::Log, IRC::Channel::Log, App::Raku::Log by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- License::SPDX by Jonathan Stowe.
Apart from all of the movement on the doc repository, it was a bit of a quiet week. Therefore the rest of this winding down is the same as last week :-).
Meanwhile the Rakudo Weekly News will continue to show Ukrainian inspired images in support of Ukrainian people, and any other people who are trying to make an end to the Russian aggression in Ukraine. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
In the mean time, please stay safe, stay healthy, keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!