Daniel Sockwell investigated the powers of smart matching in the Raku® Programming Language in two blog posts Let’s try some pattern matching (/r/rakulang comments) and Further thoughts on Raku pattern matching (/r/rakulang comments). Both the blog posts and the comments are food for thought!
Wenzel P.P. Peppmeyer shows an approach to re-exporting functions under a different name in Double Inspiration.
Weekly Challenge #134 is available for your perusal.
New Pull Requests
- Remove a spesh optimization if it has too many deopts (rebased after
- Add guard for container descriptor
- [JVM] Unbreak build after merge of
- Geoffrey Broadwell investigated the feasibility of creating a JIT for the AArch64 architecture, and added the result to the MoarVM documentation.
- Jonathan Worthington added [mono|poly|mega]morphic site counts to the MoarVM profiler and fixed issues with the debug server.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made sure that
$*PERLis only deprecated on future language levels of the Raku® Programming Language.
- And some other smaller tweaks and fixes.
Questions about Raku
- Why doesn’t this work as I naively expect it to? (Sets of lists) by zeekar.
- Changing the target of a
wheneverblock from the inside by Daniel Sockwell.
- What’s the position/name of Raku’s ‘grammar’ in parsing technology? by complyue.
- Bootstrapping Raku without nqp, instead with a minimum 6model interpreter? by complyue.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Great work! by JJ Merelo.
- Feeling sad by Steve Pollei.
- Giving it more power and more lift by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Just no comparison by Simon Proctor.
- Let others know about Raku by Alexey Melezhik.
- SORRY! by Timo Paulssen.
- Spent so much time by Gro-Tsen.
- Doing stuff on AWS by Jonathan Stowe.
- Only real challenger by Marc Chantreux.
- Soon, big improvement by dominix.
- #134.1 in a tweet by Markus Holzer.
- Rules updated a little bit by Alexey Melezhik.
Comments about Raku
- Cool Swift references by Matthew “Stephen” Stuckwisch.
- Too strongy asserted? by Ralph Mellor.
reducehyperable by moon-chilled.
- With apologies for length and lateness by Ralph Mellor.
- A continuation based execution engine by complyue.
- Good impression by mfiano.
New Raku modules
- paths “a fast recursive file finder” by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- uniname-words “look for words in unicode character names” by Eizabeth Mattijsen.
Updated Raku Modules
- Curlie by Brian Duggan.
- Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- Curry by Siavash Askari Nasr.
- IP::Addr, AttrX::Mooish, Async::Workers, Concurrent::PChannel, Test::Async, OO::Plugin by Vadim Belman.
- Net::Ethereum by Konstantin Narkhov.
- PDF::Content, PDF::Font::Loader, PDF::Lite, PDF::Class, HTML::Canvas::To::PDF by David Warring.
- Kivuli by Jonathan Stowe.
- zef by Nick Logan, Tony O’Dell.
On time this week, but a bit smaller on account of it only covering 5 days. With less than 2 weeks to go until the 2021.10 Rakudo™ Compiler release that would make the new-disp work go mainstream. So, check in again next week for more news about the Raku® Programming Language in these exciting times!