Alexandr Zahatski has released version 0.1.0 of Podlite, an editor for Pod6, the documentation slang of the Raku Programming Language. An associated blog post describes the features, one of which is export to PDF. A more interesting feature is support for different types of diagrams as described in Synopsis 26 (/r/rakulang comments).
CI Bot April Grant Report
Patrick Böker gives an update on the Raku CI Bot Grant.
Vadim Belman blogged about the first release of the Config::BINDish module.
Weekly Challenge #112 is available for your perusal. And a chance to meet the Champion of April. And of course, there’s this week’s “What’s everyone working on (2021.19)” as well.
- Fpclassify – Implement
- [NQP] Simplify CI pipelines similarly to how was done for MoarVM
- [JVM] Keep different REPR.name for native arrays
Please check them out and leave any comments that you may have!
- Nicholas Clark refactored the C compiler probe codes which added probes to fix for substandard behaviour in several maths functions. And made sure the correct version of
libzstdwill be used by MoarVM.
- Stefan Seifert fixed an issue in the propagation of spesh facts after guards elimination related to decontainerizing.
- Christian Bartolomäus fixed a long standing issue with using native arrays in pre-compiled modules on the JVM backend.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made
Setsemantics) about 30x faster when applied to native
- Andreas Voegele updated some internal (generated) runner scripts to use
rakudoas the executable’s name.
- Patrick Böker fixed several issues with regards to
- And some smaller fixes and tweaks.
Questions about Raku
- Implementation of a function object
poweroperator by Anton Antonov.
- Why are empty shaped
Arrays truthy? by Steve Roe.
- What accessors are actually autogenerated for
@.arrayattributes? by tomgracey.
- Guidance about Roles vs Subclasses by Joelle Maslak.
- Apply a proxy to a variable (not an attribute) using traits by Daniel Sockwell.
- Is it possible to introspect into the scope of a
Scalarat runtime? by Daniel Sockwell.
require Readline– You cannot create an instance of this type by sid_com.
- Accessing a
Variableat compile time by Daniel Sockwell.
- New Raku Project scaffolding by masoodahm87.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- #111.1 not in a tweet by Markus Holzer.
- Top 2 things I love by Jo Christian Oterhals.
- Making life easier! by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- Not relying on instructions by Markus Holzer.
- True except for Raku and COBOL by Markus Holzer.
- Converting to Date by Raku Magic.
- Chaining relational operators by Manuel Simoni.
- Missing the strange consistency by JJ Merelo.
- Life’s too short for quotes by əric.
- Going to break a leg by JJ Merelo.
- Just the license by Zhuowei Zhang.
- See also… by Dr Peter Brett.
- Not released with Hurd 1.0 by Jens.
- Donation to the bookshelf by brian d foy.
- #112 in a tweet by Markus Holzer.
- Favorite language by Simon Proctor.
Meanwhile on the mailing list
- Re: Rakudo Star 2021.04 by Patrick Spek.
enumincantation? by William Michels.
Comments about Raku
- Good vibes! by Ralph Mellor.
- Forms of associativity by Ralph Mellor.
- On runes by Ben Davies.
- One of the exceptions by LanX.
- My comparison of parsers and grammars by Ralph Mellor.
- Is there an
andtype? by Ralph Mellor.
- Languages where traits can be assigned to an object dynamically at runtime? by westonc.
- The 7th Huna Principle by Ralph Mellor.
- Reasonably quickly by syphilis.
- Works in Raku by Ralph Mellor.
- Not liking the object model? by Ralph Mellor.
- Can extract more than one string from each capture by lifthrasiir.
New Raku Modules
Note: these still do not include modules added / updated to the zef ecosystem yet. Need to find some tuits to automate fetching that information or someone else to fix this before yours truly has time for it (nudge nudge).
- CSS::Stylesheet by David Warring.
- String::Color by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- DateTime::Julian by Tom Browder.
Updated Raku Modules
- CSS, HTML::Canvas by David Warring.
- IRC::Channel::Log, IRC::Log::Colabti, Array::Sorted::Util by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- rakudoc by Tim Siegel.
- IO::Socket::Async::SSL by Jonathan Worthington.
- ECMA262Regex by Jonathan Worthington & Alexander Kiryuhin.
- Gnome::N, Gnome::Glib, Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- Abbreviations by Tom Browder.
- Email::MIME, Net::DNSRod Taylor.
- OpenSSL by Filip Sergot.
A bit of a quiet week, with stuff happening in the background mostly. But still, plenty of stuff to read about in this week’s Rakudo Weekly News! Can’t stop repeating: stay healthy and stay safe!