Moritz Lenz is a long time Raku collaborator (3.4K+ commits in the Rakudo, 3.4K+ documentation commits, 1.3K+ commits in roast). Which in itself already deserves a big Thank You!
They also have been a TPRF Grant Committee member for a long time. But would like to step down from the Grant Committee soon. Since they are the only Raku oriented member, it would be quite sad to not have any Raku oriented members in this committee anymore.
Please contact Moritz by mail (moritz.lenz at gmail.com), or on #raku, if you’d like to take on this role, or have any questions about it. And thank you again Moritz, for performing this role for a long time!
Paul Buetow published a blog about how they are tracking uptimes on their serverpark in Unveiling guprecords.raku: Global Uptime Records.
Anton Antonov provided an update on their work on the WWW::OpenAI module, which provides access to the machine learning service OpenAI.
Elizabeth Mattijsen solicits comments / suggestions about the idea of having a Solstice Calendar twice a year?
The minutes of the April 29, 2023 meeting are available.
Weekly Challenge #215 is available for your perusal.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen fixed the incorrect coercion for
And in RakuAST developments this week:
- Elizabeth Mattijsen ripped out the old bits of pod handling in the grammar and actions, and replaced that by a completely new implementation, allowing for building RakuDoc blocks in RakuAST and customizing the generation of final version of Pod objects.
- Stefan Seifert fixed writeability of bound parameters, treat
COMPILINGas a pseudo-package, illegal post-declaration of variables, canonicalization of names, and added support for the
dynamic-scopepragma and binding to pseudo-package variables.
- The number of passing test-files with the new Raku grammar are now 138/150 (
make test+0) and 800/1355 (
Meanwhile on Mastodon
- 29 or younger? by The Raku Conference.
- Couldn’t resist by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
Meanwhile still on Twitter
- Student in-person tickets for RakuConf 2023 by The Raku Conference.
- Parentheses aren’t strictly required by Luis F. Uceta.
- More forgiving than UTF-8 by Luis F. Uceta.
Questions about Raku
- How do I register different events in a supply? by Luis F. Uceta.
- Foldcase conversion between (German) lower ß (U+00DF) and upper ẞ (U+1E9E)? by jubilatious1.
- Better luck with repl.it by Clifton Wood.
- I really want to learn by amyjess.
- Split between tracks by m_dango.
- Worked through a lot of languages recently by trycuriouscat.
- Would like to have a word by masto.
- Not widely adopted by thesuperbigfrog.
New Raku Modules
- App::Gitstatus “Provides
git-status-checkto help maintain a directory of Git repositories” by Tom Browder.
- Linux::NFTables “An interface to libnftables, a library to interact with Linux NFTables” by Fernando Santagata.
- FontFactory::Type1 “Provides the standard Adobe PostScript fonts in a friendly package for use with many PDF::* modules” by Tom Browder.
Updated Raku Modules
- HomoGlypher, JSON::RPC by Paweł Pabian.
- WWW::OpenAI by Anton Antonov.
- PublicSuffix by JJ Atria.
- App::Zef-Deps by Will Coleda.
- Test::Async by Vadim Belman.
- Text::CSV by H.Merijn Brand.
- String::Utils by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- MIDI::Make by Pierre-Emmanuel Lévesque.
- JSON::Fast, Cairo by Timo Paulssen.
Some nice new modules and module updates!
This week’s picture is there to remind us that the people of Ukraine are still under attack, every single day. Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Please keep staying safe, keep staying healthy, and keep up the good work!
If you like what I’m doing, committing to a small sponsorship would mean a great deal!