Andrew Shitov has announced the very first Raku Conference, to be held online on 7 August 2021. You can sign up if you want to attend, or want to give a presentation. Formats for presentations vary from a 5-minute lightning talk to an 8-hour workshop. The deadline for talk submissions is 15 July 2021. Of course, you can also sponsor this conference in various ways! Exciting to see our first Raku Conference planned like that!
This week saw the publication of the videos of two recent presentations about applications using the Raku Programming Language:
- Pheix CMS is β-released by Konstantin Narkhov.
- Things you may not know about Cro by Jonathan Worthington (/r/rakulang comments).
The minutes of meetings in the past weeks:
- Community Leaders Meeting March 2021
- Raku Steering Council meeting 20 March 2021
- Raku Steering Council meeting 3 April 2021
In related news, you can now send email to the entire Raku Steering Council at the RSC at raku.org email address.
- Remove link from
- Fix corruption of fixkey hash entries
- Deprecate now unused
- Disallow explicity specifying op write registers
- Don’t add a delegated method if target already has it
- Add support for
∍as aliases for
- Speedup exponentiation by positive
Please check them out and leave any comments that you may have!
- Daniel Green fixed a memory leak related to Unicode hashes in MoarVM, made the
smrt_intifyop specializable and removed several obsolete parts from NQP.
- Salvador Ortiz added type checks on internal read_bug/write_buf routines.
- demostanis fixed an issue when building MoarVM in a directory that contained “+” in its name.
- Stefan Seifert fixed an issue in the expression JIT that would incorrectly interpret a 32bit signed integer as an 64bit unsigned integer.
- Christian Bartolomäus continued their work on making
NativeCallfully operational on the JVM backend again.
- Vadim Belman made
CLIENT::also work for NQP code and fixed some Win* compatibility issues.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made the
unipropsmethod about 4x as fast, made a lot of methods on
Strobjects work correctly for any user added subclasses of
Strand improved error messages when calling methods on
- Patrick Böker fixed an issue with signals on Win*.
- And many other smaller fixes and improvements!
Questions about Raku
- Why do I have to use “rakudo” rather than “raku” in the terminal? by WhiskedIgloo.
- What persistent data structures does Raku/Rakudo include? by Daniel Sockwell.
- How do I access a module’s symbol table dynamically at runtime? by grobber.
- Regex debugger? by Viktor Sanikovich.
- How do I upgrade Raku using Rakubrew? by Julia.
- Comma IDE on MacOS won’t start by Steve Roe.
- Web based game in Raku by brtastic.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Submit yer ideas by J.E. Turcotte.
- The clock is ticking by Mark Gardner.
- A big chunk by JJ Merelo.
- Every day by JJ Merelo.
- β-released! by Konstantin Narkhov.
- How long? by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- They can be changed by Klaas-Jan Stol.
- Migrated to fez by Alexander Kiryuhin.
- Too convoluted? by Markus Holzer.
- Not including by robin.
- Revisit or something new by Simon Proctor.
- Why not Matrix? by Siavash.
- I just learned by 中井 隆介＠Pluslus
- Stats on languages! by Solomon Foster.
- Took a strange turn by Darren Platt.
- 108.2 in a tweet by Markus Holzer.
- 108.1 in a tweet by Markus Holzer.
- Golfed version by Markus Holzer.
- Maybe I’m joking by D Ruth Holloway.
Meanwhile on the mailing list
Comments about Raku
- Super easily make a CLI by notagoodidea.
- An operator only does one thing by b2gills.
- Threads and stuff by Nicholas Clark.
- Not in Raku! by OskarS.
- Stepping down (HackerNews discussion, some of it about Raku)
- Using a method’s return value by yorickpeterse.
- Cool/weird features by Ralph Mellor.
- In recognition of this schism by Thomas Claburn.
- Has phasers by zem.
- Equivalent to this by Ralph Mellor.
Updated Raku Modules
- Hematite by André Brás.
- Terminal::ANSI, Curlie, Terminal::UI by Brian Duggan.
- CSS::Properties, PDF::Tags, CSS::Module, CSS, CSS::Specification by David Warring.
- Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- Lumberjack by Jonathan Stowe.
- Gnome::Gdk3, Gnome::Gtk3, Gnome::N, Gnome::Gtk3, Gnome::Gio, Gnome::Cairo by Marcel Timmerman.
- zef by Nick Logan & Tony O’Dell.
- Pod::To::Markdown by Tim Siegel.
- Math::FractionalPart by Tom Browder.
- IO::URing by Travis Gibson.
A bit of a “quiet” week in the Rakudo Weekly News! Still plenty of goodies! And it’s still important to stay healthy and safe. See you next week!