Arne Sommer, inspired by a solution of a previous Weekly Challenge, wrote a small series of blog posts about the seven bridges of Königsberg:
Recommended if you’re into mathematical problems and/or graph theory!
Impressed with Raku
A post by faiface on /r/ProgrammingLanguages made it to the top 20 of highest upvotes ever. And a nice post it is! Inspired by a professor describing Raku as “an interesting language with a bunch of cool design choices”. Good stuff!
Jonathan Worthington reported on their work on the new unified dispatch mechanism in June for the Raku Development Grant. Great progress being made, and a treasure of internals information (/r/rakulang comments)!
Brian Wisti got themselves into a tangle. Good thing there are Raku regexes! Read all about it in Tangling code from Hugo content in Raku!
Andrew Shitov went through their archives and unearthed an audio-only recording of Larry Wall’s announcement of the release of Perl 6 (/r/rakulang, Twitter comments)!
Alexey Melezhik has published a how-to provision dynamic hosts with Sparrowdo and Sparky.
The entries for Challenge #68 that have Raku solutions:
- Weekly Challenge #68 by Luca Ferrari.
- Zero Order with Raku & Perl by Arne Sommer.
- Weekly Challenge #68 by Javier Luque.
- Weekly Challenge #68 by Shahed Nooshmand.
- Weekly Challenge #68 by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Zero Sum Basket Weaving by Colin Crain.
- Weekly Challenge #68 by Andrew Shitov.
Challenge #69 is up for your perusal!
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made sure that
use liblook for files in this order of extension:
.pm, rather than the reverse (spotted by Tom Browder).
- Ben Davies fixed the
.rakumethod on typed
Arrays if the type was an uninstantiated generic.
- And some minor fixes and improvements.
Questions about Raku
- What is the
Nodetype or distinguished value? by jedharris.
- Where are
inet_ntoa? by zeekar.
- Avoid creating separate files by Mohammad S Anwar.
- How to splice? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- How to undef an attribute? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- What are the specifics about the continuations upon which Raku(do) relies? by Ralph Mellor.
- What is the “semantic model” introduced in Apocalypse #1? by Ralph Mellor.
sayis not declared on CommaIDE by Julio.
- Defining new infix operators by user6996074.
- Raku mode for xemacs? by vonbrand.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- I know nothing by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Renamed to Raku? by meowyam.
- Should have that by JJ Merelo.
setup-rakufor Github Actions by Shoichi Kaji.
- Multiple hosts management using Sparrowdo by Alexey Melezhik.
- Merged! by Suman Khanal.
- The original plan by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Difference between
\hby Brian Wisti.
- Everything they should have told you by JJ Merelo.
- Around that time by Robot Bureau of Land Management.
- Not be difficult by JJ Merelo.
- Around for questions by JJ Merelo.
- There was none? by 村田 智英.
- Getting there? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Flipflop by Khalid Elboray.
- Getting emotional by galactic discatte 3.0.
- It’s like… by Miss Dada.
- Nobody needed it by Dirk Ruediger.
- Seen because exposed by ottan.
- Working on a cookbook by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Stay tuned! by Alexey Melezhik.
- Program state in Raku by JJ Merelo.
- Perl itself by Ikhlasul Amal.
- Single semantic model by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Ending up by Stuart Herbert.
- Leapfrogging by Barry Solow.
- Abandoned by Xah Lee.
- Women of colour by Patricia Aas.
- Let’s see! Alexey Melezhik.
- Playing the game by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Innovation by Michele Costabile.
- Rakulang Recipes drafted by JJ Merelo.
- Killed by Nils Magnus.
- Teaching the compiler by Cody.
- More breaking changes by Wouter J.
- Deceased by いいとしのエリー.
- Not departing by Georgios Magklaras.
- RedORM documentation help! by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Root cubic by Aureliano Guedes.
- Cannot create an instance of subset type by Marcel Timmerman.
Raku-LibCurl:ver<1.0>install error on older MacOS? by William Michels.
Comments about Raku
- Sometimes slower? by Brad Gilbert.
- Stackful coroutines by Ralph Mellor.
- Explaining the Raku ecosystem by 0racle.
- The shadows by pre_action.
- Also 4 by sigzero.
- Odd ones out by 0racle.
- Modelled after Perl 6 by Reini Urban.
- Reproduced your code by Ralph Mellor.
New Raku Modules
- Grammar::Message by JJ Merelo.
- Game::Covid19 by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Text::ShellWords by Tim Siegel.
- Raku Github Workflows by Paul Marquess.
Updated Raku Modules
- LibXML by David Warring.
- XML::Actions, Gnome::Cairo, Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- Red by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- JSON::Fast by Timo Paulssen.
- JSON::Hjson by Takumi Akiyama.
- Smack by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- Config, Config::Parser::toml by Patrick Spek.
- Bits, AccountableBagHash, Set::Equality by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
A bit of a quiet week in the world of the Raku Programming Language. Still some nice blog posts. In these interesting times, don’t forget to keep healthy and to keep safe. See you next week!